It's the first day of my orientation in Suriname. Yet I'm writing this from my bedroom in Canada. So clearly I'm not there yet. I'm just chilling here instead. There are lots of things I'm getting to do though. And I'm focusing on that, the here, instead of the there. I can't get to Suriname by wishing myself there, so I might as well enjoy where I am.
I had a really good weekend, hung out with the King's Landing crew and barn danced it up. KL is a historical village and for their staff party they barn dance, any style goes from Irish songs, to the Virginia reel to Sweet Home Alabama.
Tonight is my great-grandmother's 96th Birthday, so I'll get to see lots of my family to say goodbye and take tonnes of pictures with my new camera.
My blog is basically becoming the story of my journey in getting to South America and what I'm doing before I leave. I promise I'll get there though. In the meantime I'm enjoying the here and now. Which is pretty amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment