There was a princess, (I'm kidding. Sort of.) who decided to leave her country and move to a far away land called Suriname. And I have no idea what happened from there. But this is that story...
I promised I would start a blog to keep people updated on my big move, so here it is. My story before I leave and my story when I'm down there. I have about three weeks left in Canada before I arrive in Suriname and will try to post a bit while I'm here about getting ready to go.
A little of bit of warning, I'm going to probably talk about God a lot in this blog. For some of you who know me, that might not be different but for some of you who do, it might be really different. Stick it out with me anyway.
I really feel that I can't not include God in this adventure because I'm giving up my entire life to follow what I believe is His will and I'm pretty cool with it. Most of the time. I am also totally relying on Him for everything, which is where the title of this blog comes in. In the books of Matthew and Luke God talks about providing for the Lilies and the Sparrows and if He can do it for them, He will do it for me. This whole thing is one big step of faith for me as well as one giant culture shock. I'm sure at times I will want to cry and at others to really laugh. But either way God's calling and I'm answering.
If you would like to comment, feel free, just keep it pretty PG and no bashing. Thank you so much for following along!
Nice title and image. Looking forward to reading about your experiences Ashley.
ReplyDeleteBarbie