Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Days Go By...

(I'm thinking of song titles for names of posts, we'll see if it sticks.)

So in theory I leave on August 6th, that is a little over a week away. I have not packed my stuff. It just sits all over my room and taunts me. I can hear it calling, basically telling me that I'm procrastinating and will end up doing it at the last minute; and yet I can't do it. I can't pack. I'm sure there is some deep psychological nonsense behind it but really, I'm just lazy. And maybe there is a bit more to it than that, but either way, nothing has happened yet.

But as it turns out, I'm going to be okay on the packing procrastination because I probably won't have a visa by the 6th of August. (AUGH!!!! Stress!) My visa most likely won't be ready, and we (myself and all the other teachers) probably won't be in Suriname by the 9th. Who knows when this will all be done? So no worries on the packing issue because I'm sitting in limbo right now. My most favourite place to be.

I guess the only thing I can do at this point is to pray, and start lesson planning in my living room, so that when I finally get down there I can begin. I'm just ready to be there, to start this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment