Sunday, July 26, 2009

Come As You Are...

So I'm not one to put my religious beliefs out there, if you ask I'll share but I don't start the conversation. Guess I should get over that as I'm teaching at a Christian school. I think some of my reasoning for that is, sometimes my attitude and actions aren't very Christian-like. Sometimes I'm just not the person I should be. So this is kind of my warning label: I'm not perfect. (Shock, I know!)

I will fail, fall, stumble and mess up. There are times when you look at me and think that nothing is different, that I am an awful representative for a Christian school and that there must be someone better qualified. And you will be right. There are times when I'm a giant mess, working on getting it together. But that just makes me human. I've never claimed to be the standard, or perfect. If you're looking for perfection I don't know anyone who is that way. Sometimes I'm going to have bad days and deal with things in a way that is counter-productive, I will make choices that are wrong but I'm just trying to get through.

The good news in this whole story is that God forgives. No matter how big the mess, God is there. Which is nice, 'cause I can make a rather large mess sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment