Sunday, July 19, 2009

If you want to walk on water...

You have to get out of the boat.

I heard a really good message this morning, about Peter walking on water. One of the main points however wasn't about walking on the water; it was that God had put the boat right where He wanted it and that you have to get in the boat in the first place.

The other was that you have to get out of the boat. You can't just stay in the boat, you have to leave, take a risk and go for it. No matter how safe it is in the boat. And sometimes I have to admit, I like the boat. Giving up everything to go to Suriname scares me sometimes. I like comfort, and 1st world. I'm not going to lie. The though of 3rd world makes me nervous. But I know that isn't really a choice thing, it's a have to go thing.

And this reminded me that God puts the boat right where He wants it. And that He is in control and knows what He's doing, which is all I can ask for. I don't have to run this show, God will.

1 comment:

  1. You haven't even left Fredericton yet and I'm enjoying reading your blog. I'm sure all will work out as it's supposed to.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete