Some of you read this because you're my family/friends and you want to support me (thank you). Some of you read it because you found it by accident or it was recommended to you. Some of you are Christians and some are not. For those of you who are Christians, if you're like me, you need a reminder every now and then about what it's all about; who God is and what He is capable of. So I present to you the theology of two 5 year olds. These are words of wisdom that remind me and help me, sometimes make me think "wow, I could take lessons from that simple faith" and always make me laugh.
"The bad one wanted to sit on God's chair up there, but he couldn't because it is for God only; so Jesus threw him out and as he fell he became ugly".
The fall of the devil as told to me by one of my students.
"The bad satan will make you sad. The little red man sits on one shoulder and he makes you sad. The little green man sits on the other and he makes you happy."
This one occurred shortly after we had had a bad moment. One was trying to comfort the other. We figured out who the little red man is, but if you know who the little green man is let me know!
"The Great God better then other gods"
We were having a discussion about God, and some of the Hindu gods. The "Great God" would be the God of the Christians.
"God's house is up there. I want to go up there. How do I get up there? Can we go now?"
We were talking about Heaven and they were explaining to me where it is. Then we talked about how we get there. I did have to tell them that they can't go right now, and they really wanted to know why.
"God keeps them safe."
Noah, Daniel, Joseph... God kept all of them safe.
"Can we sing the "Big God" song?"
This is their favourite song. The lyrics are about God being strong and mighty.
"Tell me a Jesus story/This is Jesus story."
One of them loves stories about Jesus and in any story he assumes the main character is Jesus.
"Who's born in December?" "The Jesus!"
We were talking about birthdays. One of them is born in December and when I asked them who was born in December that was my answer.
These two bless me every single day, even when I'm trying not to scream. I hope that when you read this that they add something to your day too, Christian or non. Remember that if you're having a bad day or you're very stressed "The Great God" is there and will be with you.
He is the Great God!
ReplyDelete