Thursday, September 3, 2009

Greetings from Suriname...

More detail to follow but I'm here, and it's hot. Both myself and my luggage arrived last night at midnight, got to my new house and basically slept for twelve hours. Went to school a bit this afternoon to get a tour and will be preparing tomorrow. Teaching starts on Monday!

It's very different here. There are palm trees everywhere and did I mention it's hot? Had my first bike ride this afternoon, it's not easy to bike in a skirt. But my bike has a cute little basket.

Something fun and different, I signed on to my blog account and the homepage was in Dutch! Which is cool. And a bit hard to figure out, but I'll survive.

There will be more updates as stuff actually happens but they will not super regular due to inconsistent internet.

But basically, I'm here and I'm hot!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're there safe and sound.
    xoxxo Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. so it's hot good to know love linda

    ReplyDelete