Warning!!! This post is going to discuss cockroaches and a very large spider. Don't read if you're squeamish or my mum!
Last night I was sitting the living room reading a book when I hear a scream from the shower. It's Jenn and at first I just figured it was another cockroach that had climbed in too. Oh, no. Next thing you know she's talking about this massive spider that's above the door, about the size of your hand. She gets out of the shower so I can see it. So at one point the two of us are standing in the shower looking above the door at this massive spider trying to figure out if we should kill it and how. Meanwhile the spider is probably looking at us, one taking its picture and one in a towel, thinking we're crazy.
Eventually we decided to get Sam and that's when the fun really begins. We decide the spider needs to die because we have no idea if it's poisonous or not and we don't really want it roaming around the house. So we get a chair and a heavy flip-flop and decide to let Sam kill it. Except she doesn't kill it. All she really does is manage to chase it into the next room and we can't find it. Finally after moving the garbage can aside we see it. Round 2 of trying to kill it. Spider wins again.
Round 3. This time we decide to try and kill it with the cockroach spray. This doesn't really work, in fact it goes under the door into Sam's bedroom. At this point there is equal laughter and screaming. So Jenn puts her clothes on and we head into Sam's room. It can't stay in there forever, mostly because we have no idea what it is. We lift up everything on the floor with two fingers till finally we see it move behind the dresser. At this point we're not sure how to stun it because it's moving too fast. In a moment of genius, clarity and/or desperation, I remember that I have hairspray and we decided to double spray it. We manage to get it on the floor and stunned with the spray. We think we've actually killed it, so Jenn goes for the broom to sweep it up. Nope, it's still alive. Round 3 goes to the spider. As it is moving across the floor, slower this time, I grab the flip flop and beat it into oblivion. Victory is ours! It only took four tries.
Quote of the night:
Sam! You have to come see this. We have no idea how to kill it!!
Me yelling at Sam to come see the giant bug.
By the way - Google tells me that the spider was not going to be our friend! So I'm glad we got it. I'll take cockroaches anyday!
I'm glad you got it....be careful of the critters down there. Human friends are ok, bugs no. Not my favourite entry.
ReplyDeleteLove Dad xoxo
what a great story .... you are really having some exciting adventures - be safe & have fun!
ReplyDelete