Random Update via List time:
-There are 69 days of school left. It feels like a lot and not enough at the same time.
-I have had really nothing new happen. So no life, no blogging.
-It was time this week to pick our class quote. My 9th grade homeroom and I looked at some really deep, academic quotes and quickly decided that, while we are geniuses, those quotes really aren't us. Instead we quoted ourselves, because we're cool like that.
"Overheard regularly in 9th grade: "Can she cook?", "Miss, can you break a 50?", "Whine to someone who cares.", "Without women there is no point in living", "Can I has an A?", and "Seriously, stop talking!!""
Yup, that's what's going down the yearbook as our class quote. Sheer brilliance.
-Rainy season. Biked home the other night in the rain, without a raincoat. I was soaked to the skin in about 30 seconds. It was warm though so it wasn't too awful. I kind of don't mind it.
-Various birthdays, holidays and parties. Superbowl was probably my favourite.
-Taught my 11th grade class how to make Freedom Quilts out of construction paper. We were reading about slavery. Greatest lesson ever. They were too funny. We had great debates about how to fold the paper, how we should measure and whether Ms. Bird knew what she was talking about. They were split 50/50 on that one.
-Managed to give three different tests, mark them and hand them back the next day. Equally impressive - everyone handed their papers in on time.
-Tuesday night SAT prep is over because the SATs are over. I can't get the seniors to leave though, so it's turned into Tuesday night card night. We've attempted to teach them Canasta but we've actually got them to master Skip-bo. Cheating just adds to the entertainment value, right?
-I've come to the realization that next February I will wish (like crazy) that I were back in the tropics. My 9th grade told me the other day that they don't want me to leave. They like this class, me and they'll miss me. Sometimes I really think I could stay just for them alone. But I'll miss them. And some many other things...
No comments:
Post a Comment