Friday, February 18, 2011

Enough...*

God really only gives me one lesson at a time. It's all I've proven I can handle. But lately there are two thoughts that have been going through my brain:

-If you are trying to play God in parts of your life, you need to step back and let Him be God in all your life.

-You can't let God down because you are not holding Him up. He is the one who does the holding up in your life.

It's funny, I had the morning devotion this morning and I spoke about control and how I'm afraid of the upcoming year because it's unknown. I would like to be in control of what's going to happen next and I'm not. God is. And sometimes I believe that He will provide, but pretty often I need to be reminded. It's easy to have faith that God will provide when you're employed, with a house and a mode of transportation. When you're unsure, it's way more scary. So I talked about how I need to stop giving my life to God and then taking it back. The taking back, not the giving. High school chapel this afternoon was all about identity. Are you listening to what God says you are, or the world? The world rips us all to shreds and spits us back out but God thinks way differently. We are made in His image, which is pretty amazing.

Let's just sum up with: God is trying to teach me something. Two actually. The first is that I'm trying too hard to make everything perfect. Just let go and let it be His. I can maybe do this for 5 mins at a time, but that's progress. He will take care of me. The second is that He holds me up, not the other way around.

*Bonus Blog. This is what high school chapel does to my brain. Go Jenn! And God!

2 comments:

  1. giving it to God and leaving it there is all part of faith - you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this song the other day ... called 'This is the Stuff' by Francesca Battistelli and I though of you ... so I copied and pasted the good parts for you

    ***This is the stuff that drives me crazy
    This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
    In the middle of my little mess
    I forget how big I'm blessed
    This is the stuff that gets under my skin
    But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
    It might not be what I would choose
    But this is the stuff You use

    So break me of impatience
    Conquer my frustrations
    I've got a new appreciation
    It's not the end of the world
    Oh Oh Oh

    It might not be what I would choose
    But this is the stuff You use

    Oh Oh Oh Oh
    This is the stuff You use

    *** love you!!!

    ReplyDelete