I love long weekends and random national holidays. Friday we decided to rent a car and drive. Anywhere. We just needed to get out of the city. This random road trip came about because last Saturday while I was baking cupcakes (yes, you read that right), the song Heads Carolina, Tails California came on my Ipod. Jenn and I both started singing along and then we got talking about how we can relate. We were kind of laughing about going somewhere and then the next thing you know we've hauled the map out and are convincing the guys they need to go with us to see a town called Jenny.
So Friday morning rolls around and we picked up the rental car, argued about who's driving (Jenn), the music (everything thing, anything), eaten breakfast (chocolate bars) and we're ready to go.
It was amazing. The road is so much better, the houses are interesting and everyone grows the most beautifully coloured flowers. It's so green, like someone coloured everything with all the greens in crayon box. There were trees I've never seen, grain elevators and some of the best painted telephone poles ever. The bridge over the Coppename river was super long, but when you looked out you could see the ocean.
Also there was a Hindu temple for sale, so if any one is interested...
We finally found "Jenny", which apparently we drove by and didn't notice. We actually stopped about three kilometers after that and called that Jenny. All that was in our Jenny was a public toilet.
We had a lunch out of the trunk of car, standing on the highway taking pictures of each other and the scenery. The drive back was all about taking pictures and eating cheese sticks. We arrived safely back around 3 pm, prime nap time.
Saturday after returning the car we attempted to go see the wooden cathedral but it was closed. We ended up having an impromptu pizza party in our living room instead, as well as having Mexican night later that evening. We eat very well here!
All in all, it was pretty much perfect. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without the "random national holiday" in my life next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment