There's a blaze of light in every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah...
Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen (end of the 4th verse and the whole 5th.)
I love the honesty and the sadness in it. Sometimes I think that we have to pretend that we're nothing but happy and that everything is okay. Sometimes everything isn't okay and sometimes we can't pretend anymore. I have had no words for awhile now, nothing worth saying it seems, so I'm borrowing someone else's. Someone who clearly knows what it's like to feel broken and to know that there can be light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but someday you'll like yourself again.
The words and the songs will come back to you,
ReplyDeletelove always, mum, xoxo
Wonderfull!
ReplyDeleteI love the words to this song...and it's sung with such emotions.
xoxo Dad
I sat on your mother's couch and she played that song for me just last week ... it is such an amazing song. Stay strong; one hour at a time; keep focused on the things that are important and remember how much you are loved!
ReplyDeleteLori
I also want to say that it is perfectly normal to have times with out words... there is
ReplyDeletea time to mourn a time to dance
a time to weep a time to laugh
a time to be silent and a time to speak
a time to plant and a time to uproot.....
but always, time to remember God loves you and knows what you are going through, and so do I.
Mum , xoxoxoxoxo