I wrote something! I've been doing poetry with the 9th grade and I taught them this really cool poetry form that was taught to me. It's called a West African Praise Poem and it's all about the author. It's pretty hard to do actually. But here's mine. It's not great, but I'm proud that I finished it.
I am a warrior, a champion.
I have brave sisters,
and fierce and all knowing
parents.
My family tree stretches
back for generations upon
generations.
Sometimes I am a fragile warrior
and a damaged champion.
I can be a butterfly with
broken wings or an eagle
capable of soaring to the sky.
I am the calm in the eye of the
hurricane or I am the hurricane,
the wild wind and storm. I am a
5'6'' gale force wind.
My colour is pure but also
irrelevant. I prefer to think of
myself as blue, both peaceful and
regal.
I move throughout this world
one day at a time, either
calm or chaotic. I
am my own way.
Wow, that's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteDad particularily like the part about your parents, sisters and family :)
I like the whole thing!
love, mum xooxox
you are sooooo talented! awesome ! love, Lori
ReplyDelete