Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What I've done (and what I'll miss)...

It's been busy here. Final exams, spring concerts, soccer games, plays, work, things to finish, last minute shopping trips, good bye parties and so much more. The closer I get to leaving (less then two weeks) the more I am alternately sad and happy. I'm happy to go home and see my family and I'm sad because I've built a life here. There are things I'll miss and things I won't and in honour of that, I've made some lists. I like lists.

Things I won't miss:
-power outages!
-rainstorms
-bugs
-extreme humidity
-bugs

Things I will miss:
-Tuesday night card night
-Chocolate milkshakes
-loempia (awesome egg roll thing)
-Fabienne
-other card nights
-The Hut
-Gouda
-warm weather in February
-palm trees
-my front porch
-roommates
-TVD discussions
-the movie theatre
-the restaurant behind the Fort
-baked goods all the time
-my co-workers (they rock!)
-my students
-my desk

And that list doesn't even come close.

1 comment:

  1. how awesome to have "...great memories which are behind and now you are reaching forth to the things which are before..." (Phil 3:13 paraphrased a little bit...)!!

    ReplyDelete