Sunday, January 30, 2011

Surprise Me... (Not)

There are two kinds of surprises I like: candy and jewelry. That's it. I hate all other kinds. I read the backs of books first, if possible I find out how movies end, I work hard to find TV spoilers. I just don't like not knowing. I also dislike change. This sometimes makes real life difficult!

Lately my real life has been in a state of upheaval. I had accepted a job in Japan which I was looking forward to taking. It was with a NICS school, it paid more money - my next two years planned out and ready. Except this week I've been struggling with the idea that this really isn't what God wants for me. At all. In fact I'm pretty sure God wants me to shake up the snow globe that is my life and live with it - in Canada.

Home doesn't seem like a radical change to most people but for me it is. It's unemployment, faith and trust and a whole bunch of issues I am now tough enough and adult enough to face. So, home might actually be the biggest change of all right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love Canada and my family but I also love travel, steady work and living all over the world. In honour of thinking positive I'm finding one thing a day that I'm looking forward to about home (besides family). I've come up with: boots, girl guide cookies, fast internet, snow, hanging with my sisters, hanging with my best friends, my mum and dad being 10 mins away, not being away for Christmas, STARBUCKS! and that's just this week.

It'll be different and not what I'm used to but I, of all people, know that different doesn't always mean bad - sometimes it means really good.

1 comment:

  1. you can add hanging with your amazing aunts too ... we love you and want the best that God has planned for you ... see you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete