Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

Christmas is fast approaching, but it's hard to tell when there is nothing marking the changing of seasons. There is no countdown via weather here. Unlike at home where snow marks the beginning of the season, here we can tell by the amount of fireworks and Christmas lights strung up. It's the season of fireworks, the louder the better.

The Christmas concert went amazingly well, if I do say so myself. God definitely had His hand in and on that. I loved hearing the Christmas story in all the languages that the kids speak as well as from the King James Bible.

I'm excited about Christmas here. It will be different but fun. I'm excited about stocking exchanges and musicals in Dutch and Christmas brunch. I'm also very very excited to meet my parents in Florida. It will be nice to see them and watch hockey!!

I will miss Christmas dinner, especially since it's at my parents this year. I'll miss opening presents and the Christmas story read by my dad and church on Christmas Eve with my entire family. My sisters. A lot, really. Thank goodness for skype.

I would really love to be in two places at once; sometimes I'm tired of missing someone or something. But Christmas reminds me of how much I truly have and how great God truly is. I have family ( and friends who have become family) and friends all over the world. I've got family who loves me. I'm never alone. I've got skype.

So all I want for Christmas is a little snow, family and love. And I've gotten all of that. I hope everyone else has a holiday that is just as good.

2 comments:

  1. you bring tears to my eyes ... you are such a sincere writer and I know you mean every word. You are content where you are because you feel God's peace and that is a good thing. Have a great time in Flordia and Merry Christmas to you and your friends! lots of love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love you, Mum
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete