Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Sound of Silence...

...Yeah right!

Phrases that can be heard in kindergarten:

Me: "Are you listening?"
Reply: "No, teacher."

"Teacher, teacher..." (That's what I'm called, but it just makes me laugh)

Me: "What did you do?"
Reply "Nothing! Well, he did it first..."

Student: "Is it time to play now?"
Me: "It is learning time"
Reply: "Why?"

Me: "Are you doing what I asked you not to?"
Reply: "Yes teacher"

Me: "It's time to read, what book would you like?"
Reply: "Mouse Cookies", "The Jesus book"
(This is all spoken at once. Translation: If you Give a Mouse a Cookie and The Bible.)

Me: "What's the weather like today?"
Reply: "Weather? What is weather?"

Me: "What is symmetry?"
Reply: " A long word?"

Student: "Are you white?"
Me: "What? What's white?"
Student: "Well, I'm brown, are you white?"
Me: "Yes I guess I am."
Other student: "With little brown dots." (freckles)

Student: "Teacher, I like you but what happened to your skin?" (referring to a sunburn)

Those are just some of the things that can be heard in my classroom. Needless to say I laugh daily.

1 comment: