Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'll be home for Christmas...

This is my favourite time of year; the Christmas season. I love decorating the tree, snow falling, peppermint candy canes and Christmas carols. I love how people get extra nice and extra cranky all at the same time. (Trust me you notice both if you've ever worked retail!) But my all time favourite thing is going to church on Christmas Eve and then hanging out with my family afterwords. That part is the best.

This year my Christmas is a little different. There is no snow. Just lots and lots of rain. We don't have a tree but we have the best decorated cactus you've ever seen. I don't have my traditional stocking here but I have a hand sewn one that I'm going to always remember. And there are Christmas carols, some of which will even be played by me! We're all a little stressed and tired but we're working hard on trying to be extra patient and nice and today Jenn made us write down what we appreciate about each other. I have a fabulous nativity scene that came from Peru. It fits in the palm of my hand. And my family Christmas Eve? I'm going to get that. In 10 days I'll be home for Christmas. And that is one of the best presents I got this year. The other 3 are decorating my white board as we speak.

16 Days till Christmas! Countdown's on!

1 comment:

  1. Whoo - hoo, seven more sleeps until you fly home for Christmas! Can't wait to see you,
    Gram, Barbie and Maggie
    xo (Maggie says "woof woof woof, bark bark." I think that translates to "see you sooon.")

    ReplyDelete