December was crazy. Incredibly busy, really fun, amazing and sad all at the same time. Christmas turned out great, my Florida vacation with my parents was like Mary Poppins (practically perfect in every way). I met them in Tampa and we went to see a hockey game, walked on the beach, ate tonnes of salad and shopped like champions. It was great. It was sad because I would have liked to have been there to say goodbye to Sarah, but life has to go on. 2010 was a good year over all and ended just as well.
2011 was rang in with me missing the fireworks in Florida because I was standing in a queue for lemonade. Actually I don't care about that because there were so many fireworks in Suriname the week before that I felt I didn't miss anything. It was fun to hang out with my parents on New Years and just to hang out with them in general. They're pretty funny, although I can give my dad's rant on pop-culture verbatim now; I've heard it that much!
So 2010 was pretty amazing. I ended 2009 by looking at all the things I had done that year that I had never done or experienced before, so here goes 2010's version:
-taught English lit
-made some care so much about what they were reading they showed it emotionally
-conducted a Christmas concert
-traveled to French Guyana
-had someone make it snow for me
-went to a professional hockey game
-played Dutch Blitz
-lost someone I loved
-"adopted" half my senior class for Tuesday night study group at my kitchen table
-had one of my students tell me that she really respected me
-had a professional makeover
-learnt that the baggage I sometimes carry around doesn't matter, and how to let it go
-got a job in Japan
Those some of the highlights, but not all. Some of those I'm keeping just for me.
nice! love, Lori
ReplyDelete