Inconsistent blogger alert! I'm sorry. I did the thing that I hate, I stopped. It just seems like in March nothing really exciting happened right until the end. The first three weeks were normal days; get up, teach, hang out, watch American Idol, read, kill the normal amount of bugs and just life as normal. We did some shopping, and watched a few good movies (Alice in Wonderland). There were a couple of stand out things. I managed to get the upper elementary to take their recorders home and practice and when they did they realized how good they can sound. They're getting pretty good at Amazing Grace and Joyful, Joyful.
Saturday night was probably one of my favourite things about being in Suriname so far, the International Food Fair. It was so much fun. Basically it's a giant buffet and all of the teachers and families make food that is from their passport countries. Then we set it up in the gym with decorations and art and entertaining and just have a very good time. The food is amazing, the entertainment is good and the people are wonderful.
Next weekend we're doing Passover (from a Christian point of view) and then Spring Break!!!! I have no idea what we're doing; we change our plans frequently but half the fun of what you're doing is making the plan. All that matters is it's ten days of relaxing and sleeping in. And there are 5 school days left, not that we're counting down.
No comments:
Post a Comment