Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If it makes you happy...

I just realized I hardly ever blog about my job which is funny because my job is basically the largest part of my life here. I usually can be found at school, all of my friends are teachers and I never seem to turn off the teacher in me.

Today marks the start of my first set of parent teacher conferences. I admit, I'm pretty nervous. I have no idea why. I have good kids, I have good parents, they're learning, and we're all doing okay day to day. I know they're going to be just fine. It's like pre-game jitters. You know when all is said and done that you're going to out and play your best and possibly win but you can't help be nervous first.

My classroom has never been this clean and I have to admit it's pretty darn tidy anyway. I have enough art on display you'd think I was a gallery. But I had to hang up the kindergarten finger paint masterpiece! I love this classroom, with it's big open spaces and its huge white walls. Everything I've added has been full of colour and life.

I have to admit that lately I've been wondering if this is really what I'm meant to do my entire life. However as I watch my students learn to play a game together and I look around my bright classroom I realize that I don't have to know that now. This is what I'm meant to do now and it's more important to live now then worry about tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It's normal to be nervous before parent teacher interviews Ashley, let alone your first one! As far as the future goes, the education field has lot's of different opportunities as far as employment (I know, I've tried a few of them). I'm sure the future holds exciting career possibilities for you.
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete